We believe the people within an organization have the knowledge and experience needed to imagine the way forward—we call this Human-centred Strategic Planning. As process experts, it’s our job to unleash that potential. We help groups generate diverse ideas, consider the opportunities in play, and make consensus-based decisions together.
By putting people at the heart of the strategic planning process, we:
- Generate strong stakeholder buy-in,
- Deliver a plan that reflects the unique context of an organization, and
- Build the confidence and capacity of teams to implement their strategic plan
Overlap’s Strategic Planning Process
We believe the people within an organization have the knowledge and experience needed to imagine the way forward. As process experts, it’s our job to unleash that potential. We help groups generate diverse ideas, consider the opportunities in play, and make consensus-based decisions together. Across projects, these are some of the common elements within our process.
- Generating Insights—We use a combination of stakeholder engagement, trends research, and strategic foresight to understand your context and the implications for your strategy.
- Setting Strategic Priorities—We work with you to weave together diverse ideas and perspectives, creating a set of priorities for the coming years.
- Exploring Obstacles—We map the obstacles to achieving strategic priorities. The mapping exercite helps proactively address issues and avoid becoming stuck during implementation.
- Developing Actions—We develop a set of high-level actions for overcoming the obstacles and working towards the priorities.
- Targets or KPIs—We help you identify measurable targets associated with each of the priorities to track progress on your plan.
- Operational Coaching—We advise you on how best to operationalize your strategy through annual business planning.
Our strategic planning process can be delivered entirely remotely using online facilitation tools. As trainers, facilitators and human-centred designers, we bring a unique approach to online engagement and facilitation. We approach facilitation design by considering the rational and experiential aims—meaning both the objectives and content delivery, as well as the participant experience and how people feel throughout the facilitation. This twinned approach plays a key role in the success of every Overlap training, facilitation, webinar and event.
We are able to draw on tools from the many disciplines at our disposal: design as a source of collaborative and creative online exercises; engagement for tools to seek input from participants; and facilitation for wisdom on guiding virtual discussions. By bringing together these theoretical underpinnings, as well as significant experience designing and delivering in-person and online training content, we create a rich, interactive, virtual experiences.
Brock Hart Chief Design Officer
Adept at bringing people together around big ideas, Brock is a visionary thinker and an extraordinary facilitator. Brock leads the Transformation Design group at Overlap, guiding the team to deliver our work with excellence across projects, programs and sectors. Get to know Brock, see some of his work and engage with his ideas here.