Learn the basics of creativity and human-centred design, as well as tools and methods to enhance your practice. Deep-dive into the common workshops, outputs and tools required to take your design thinking to the next level.
- 3 day course
- Ideal for 10 – 50 people*
- Teams that want to start practicing human-centred design in their organization
- Delivered by Overlap facilitator
What you learn
The perfect day to get introduced to human-centred design—then go deeper with more tools and methods.
- Crash-course in creativity at work
- How the human-centred design process works
- Language of human-centred design
- Common tools and methods of human-centred design
- How to apply tools and scale them from solo to group work
- How to navigate complex problems and plan your work
What you get
Helpful tools you can use tomorrow.
- Activity workbook
- HCD Card Deck: a powerful set of tools that help you define, research, ideate, combine ideas, decide, prototype and test your ideas to tackle challenges, big and small
- HCD Process Cards: design activity prompts to help you work through the design-thinking cycle
- HCD Toolkit: a comprehensive set of worksheets to guide you through each stage of the design cycle; includes: empathy and journey maps, feedback grid, and research, idea, and prototyping briefs
- Reading list
Why HCD: Activated for your team
- Learn new ways to work together
- Build your team’s skills and enhance their problem-solving skills
- Learn how to be customer-centric and make decisions with the end-user in mind
- Build a toolkit of repeatable methods and tools that support your practice and workflow
- Get hands-on experience in the course
This course will help you
- Get an introduction to human-centred design and design thinking
- Build a common vocabulary for this type of work
- Understand how the design process works
- Learn some of the most used tools and methods
- Feel confident trying human-centred design on your next project
- Work with your colleagues in a customer-centric way
Want to get started right away? Check out our related offerings that covers some of the HCD: Activated content in a virtual course.
Get in touch with us to learn more about hosting HCD: Activated for your group or team.