A deep-dive into the tools and methods used in human-centred design (HCD) to take your design thinking skills to the next level.
HCD: Tools and Process is the follow-up to our introductory HCD: Launch course. While we strongly recommend you take HCD: Launch first, we are happy to welcome participants interested in pursuing a deeper dive into human-centred design.
By continuing to build your human-centred design (HCD) skills, you can work better and improve how you and your organization navigate complex challenges. Get the skills, tools and approaches to unlock innovation in your organization and navigate uncertainty, disruption and a changing world.
Over the course of 3 virtual sessions, you’ll:
- Learn reliable, field-tested approaches to tackle your challenges that can be used right away
- Explore easy to use tools and processes for every step of the HCD Process (Define, Research, Ideate, Prototype, Test, Decide)
- Learn new ways to get the most out of many minds by encouraging people to reflect, learn and iterate
- Discover ways to guide your team through positive, collaborative, and productive conversations
- Come away with a toolkit to:
- to help identify your stakeholders
- deepen your understanding of a person’s experiences
- consider problems from a variety of viewpoints
- explore different ways to share your ideas for people to react to
- get input from lots of people
- help you gain insight into a group’s priorities
- make better decisions and move beyond paralysis of choice
HCD: Tools and Process—Build Deeper Skills in Human-Centred Design includes 3 virtual modules (6 hours total) for $400*:
- Module 1: Thursday, March 18 | 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. EDT | Zoom
- Module 2: Tuesday, March 23 | 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. EDT | Zoom
- Module 3: Thursday, March 25 | 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. EDT | Zoom
*Participants will also receive a discount on HCD toolkit materials ordered through the Overlap Gear online store.
Looking For More?
- HCD: Launch (virtual) | February 25, March 2, March 4 | an introductory course designed to get you learning the language and Overlap’s go-to tools for applying human-centred design
- HCD: Engagement Foundations (virtual) | 2021 dates coming soon | a follow-up course digging into human-centred design research
Learn more about our approach to training, other upcoming training dates, and view our full set of training offerings.