Overlap’s Innovation Programs use proven approaches—including design, agile, systems thinking, and foresight—to increase your team’s capacity to respond to current and future challenges. Through every stage of the Program, Overlap is on hand to support your process and professional growth. Innovation Programs build capacity in the use of HCD tools and processes, so teams can continue to find new and better pathways to solutions.
In an Innovation Program, our designers work as part of your team to tackle your toughest problems. You have the subject matter expertise. We provide the tools, processes, and educators to maximize your impact. Together we will:
- Build sustainable capacity for your team to tackle complex problems
- Advance your goals and create long-term solutions
- Embed human-centred approaches within your organization
What’s involved in an Overlap Innovation Program?
During an Innovation Program, an Overlap Coach and Designer work alongside a cross-functional team within your organization one day a week. We work with you to:
- Run weekly full- or half-day design sprints (usually 3 weeks on, one week off)
- Lead hands-on planning and implementation for a dedicated team
- Provide HCD training and office hours open to the organization for broader impact
- Offer virtual support (telephone, email, Slack) between Innovation Program sprint days
- Unpack problems, engage stakeholders, generate ideas, facilitate strategy sessions, build and test prototypes, and more
Ryan Voisin Director, Innovation Programs
Ryan is the Director of Innovation Programs at Overlap. He designs and delivers programming for organizations to increase their capacity for innovation, facilitating conversations between organizations and their key stakeholders to understand and design for diverse perspectives. Get to know Ryan, see some of his work and engage with his ideas here.